Medical Up-date

Recently on my blog (See: Eavesdropping On The Ward), I reported a claim, from an unidentified source, that eating corn during chemo will cause one’s hair to grow back, “yellow and curly”.   Well folks, there has been an up-date to this breaking story, as one of my conscientious followers, made the following comment (which I feel it prudent to report):

“ While going through the IV chemo there wasn’t much I could keep down only creamed corn, Guess what??? My hair never did come back ……yellow, black, white or green. Nothing.”

(Thank you, Janet for sharing this interesting fact.)

Well, I am no Scientist, but I think it is safe to conclude from this isolated case study, that eating creamed corn during chemo will cause PERMANENT BALDNESS, whereas eating corn niblets will turn you into Goldilocks.  Niblets, I repeat, NIBLETS!

As an up-date to my medical status, apparently I have some scary sounding super-bug called MRSA, which, if you google it, will scare the crap out of you.  It seems that I will be making frequent trips to the hospital in the coming weeks, so I will keep my ears open and continue to collect medical data to share with you.

8 Comments (+add yours?)

1. pinkunderbelly
    Jul 05, 2012 @ 12:21:00

I’ve had MRSA too, and it’s scary because the bug can be quite drug-resistant. But, with the right antibiotics it’s curable. My advice: if you don’t love & trust your infectious disease doc, find another one …today!! My first one insisted on focusing on worst-case scenarios, including the possibility that I had TB! I got rid of her and found a team of ID docs who didn’t use the scare tactics. I was on antibiotics for a long, long time for another bug, not the MRSA, but didn’t have to endure the “sky is falling” diagnoses of the original doc. Heal quickly, my friend.

2. rachturner
    Jul 05, 2012 @ 12:25:57

MRSA is no fun – so sorry you are dealing with this. Be well and hope the infection is gone very soon!

3. mainelyhopeful
    Jul 05, 2012 @ 12:40:38

I must have eaten a lot of white foods :\ Sorry to hear about the MRSA. Hope you heal quickly and completely.

4. Lisa
    Jul 05, 2012 @ 13:12:57

Stay strong! Thinking of you!

5. Keep Calm and Eat On
    Jul 05, 2012 @ 13:48:41

Your positivity can heal anything Florence. Praying for you. Get well soon, my friend.

6. hollylady
    Jul 05, 2012 @ 18:39:25

Florence you don’t deserve to have come down with this bug. Life can be so unfair. But I know you will soldier on, and before long that nasty bug will be gone. Sending beautiful thoughts your way :) Take care !

7. Donna MacNeil
    Jul 05, 2012 @ 21:33:19

Jeez.. had to bring out Florence, the Warrior, again! She is one strong dame… stronger than any ol’ MRSA. Give him (starts with MR, right?) hell!

8. chemobrainfog
    Jul 05, 2012 @ 22:41:47

Florence…. Yes, heal quickly and do NOT hesitate to switch docs if you feel you aren’t progressing. MRSA is no joke but if it’s treated properly from the beginning, I have no doubt you will be A-OK. It’s like the pain thing. They always tell us, “don’t let the pain get ahead of you” … well… same thing here….. don’t let the MRSA get ahead of you…

BIG GIANT HUGS…